Did you know one of the most popular renovations in a home is that of the bathroom? Interestingly, the bathrooms can make or break the sale of a home. Imagine a sunny, airy beautiful home within your budget. And then you walk into a dark and dingy bathroom – the deal is off, right?
Gumtree explains how bathroom renovations should be done and increase the value of a home:
- As mentioned, bathrooms are considered one of the highest return projects in any home.
- Before renovating your bathroom, always fix mechanical or structural issues such as damage or leaks before delving into cosmetic changes.
- Some of the basic changes you can make to the bathroom to up the value of the home are new fixtures, cabinets as well as tiling. Adding more natural light can also be highly appealing to buyers.
- On the other hand, there are some luxury additions that can really make the deal. These include a Jacuzzi, heated floors, a double sink and a shower seat.
- Ensure the look and feel of the renovated bathroom matches the aesthetic of the rest of the house. Using neutrals is always recommended as buyers can picture themselves in the environment.
- There are a few tips to make your bathroom look bigger without breaking down walls. You can remove the bath tub to add a glass shower, add brighter lights and install wall sconces around the mirror.
- If you have sufficient space in the home, though, it is always recommended to add an additional bathroom, which will add great value to the home. This, however, requires contractors and specialised workers that can be a bit pricey.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local property information close to home.