IT services are integral in the maintenance and smooth running of infrastructure (both hardware and software) in any business. But should you hire an IT company or independent freelancer for the job?
Gumtree lists out the benefits of both for you to make an informed decision for your business:
Hiring an IT company:
- Hiring an IT company gives you access to a host of professionals including developers, managers, QA etc. This ensures your work is professionally handled at multiple levels, reducing error or risk.
- A development company offers the full package of services including consulting, design, implementation, strategy and business analysis. This can be especially useful for smaller companies or start-ups that require these services but do not have the skill or expertise to do it themselves.
- With an IT company, you will be provided with timeous reports and progress on a weekly/monthly basis. This prevents delays in the development process, thereby meeting deadlines and saving on costs.
Hiring an IT freelancer:
- Freelancers charge much less than development companies for the services rendered. Freelancers are also not official employees, so clients do not have to pay for their medical aid, equipment, taxes, and other financial commitments.
- With more people interested in freelancing now, there is a huge pool to choose from. Several freelance websites such as Upwork or professional platforms such as LinkedIn can help businesses connect with freelancers easily.
- Another benefit of hiring a freelancer is that it is easier to cancel their employment contracts in the event of delays or other work issues.
- Very often, freelance IT developers are former employees of large IT conglomerates, giving them a solid foundation, experience, and skills to complete simple and complex technical assignments, alike.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local service information close to home.