We see list after list of what to do when attempting to boost our health and wellness, but these lists can often have conflicting information about which exercises to do, what foods to eat, and what your daily habits should be.
Overwhelming, isn’t it?
Rather than going through list after list to find one with information that resonates with you and your goals, why not check out a list of what NOT to do when going on a journey to better health?
- Don’t work while you are working or watching TV. The distraction of these things can cause you to over-eat without realizing it. The less distracted we are, the less we eat simply because we will be far more aware of when we are full and when we are not.
- Avoid signing up for workout programs that require far more time than you actually have; this will feel overwhelming and cause you to quite half way through. Rather, choose programs or workouts that take time you can realistically commit to them.
- Do not purchase fat burning pills and drinks. These products do not work in the long term, and can be very harmful to your body.
- Don’t try to convince others that the diet they are on does not work, and that yours does. There are many ways to achieve your weight loss goals in a healthy way, and not all of these ways will work for everyone.
- Do not over exercise. Always take 1-2 days off per week to let your muscles recuperate.
- Don’t ignore the importance of sleep.
- Ignore “fad’ diets.
- Don’t believe the media hype about needing to spend thousands on expensive exercise equipment in order to get a full body workout. Things like walking, running, hiking, and swimming (to name a few) are far less expensive and do wonders for your health and fitness.
- Do not shop for groceries when you haven’t eaten all day; this will make you purchase everything you should NOT purchase when trying to live a healthy lifestyle simply because you have an empty stomach.
- Do not follow celebrity workouts; these are not designed for the average person, but rather for celebrities and athletes with far different diets, lifestyles, and daily commitments to you.
- Do not do cleanses. They simply do not work as the second you start to eat regular food again, the weight will come back on.
- If you’re in pain, do not train.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you need for health, wellness, sports, and fitness close to home.