Now more than ever, washing our hands and sanitizing is a top priority for most parents. When our kids are tiny tots, this is easy; we simply wash their hands for them. When they get a bit older and more independent, however, this because an increasingly difficult task. We’ve put together a list of 5 simple tips for kids to follow when hand washing. Check them out below!
- Use warm water when possible as this is the best way to kill germs.
- Use soap and lather it in your hands and in between all fingers for at least a full 20 seconds before rinsing it off.
- Try singing ‘Happy Birthday’ twice while washing to ensure you wash long enough.
- When in doubt, the best times to wash your hands are before eating or cooking, after you use the restroom, before and after you are in contact with someone who is sick, after some messy play, and after your blow your nose, cough, or sneeze.
- If there is nowhere to wash your hands, use sanitizer if available, as long as you do not have too much dirt or grime on your hands.
How do you motivate your children to wash their hands? How do you ensure they wash them properly? Let us know! J