Here’s how Gumtree could get you cashing in every week
Who are those rare South Africans? The ones who buy avos… before payday? The mid-month ballers, who stock up on 24-packs of 2-ply. Those who order sushi when everyone else is eating sad sandwiches out of skaftins.
They’re the ones who sell their stuff on Gumtree and use the extra cash to live large, every day of the month.
From 18 January to 26 March 2021, every ad you post on Gumtree gets you an entry into the weekly draw to win R10 000 in cash.
We call it the #GumtreeGoodLife. Are you ready to cash in?
Gumtree Ts & Cs: That Gumtree Good Life campaign
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. The Terms and Conditions set out below apply to all participants entering the 2021 That Gumtree Good Life Competition, conducted by Gumtree South Africa, 1st Floor Regus, Colosseum Building, Milnerton (“Gumtree”).
- The Promoter may refuse to award the prize to participants if there is suspicion of any irregularities or fraudulent activities.
- Participation by all participants in the 2021 That Gumtree Good Life Competition through Gumtree.co.za constitutes acceptance of these rules.
- To enter the competition, you must post an ad on Gumtree.co.za between 18 January 2021 and midnight on 26th March 2021.
- The competition is open to all persons of 18 years or older and residents of South Africa, except the employees of Gumtree South Africa and the respective advertising, media, and PR Agencies appointed by Gumtree, as well as the family members, consultants, directors, associates and trading partners of such organisations and persons.
- Only private persons may enter the competition.
- After a participant has posted their ad on Gumtree.co.za, they will automatically be entered into the draw to stand a chance to win R10 000 weekly through a random draw.
- All eligible entries between Monday 18 January 2021 and Friday, 22nd January 2021, 12:00 pm will be entered into the first winner draw. Every week thereafter, all entries per week will run from Friday 12:00 pm until the following Thursday at 00:00 pm (Midnight). The winner will be selected in a random draw and announced on social media each Friday.
- All participants will only be entered into the weekly draw if they have posted an ad between the stipulated date and time as mentioned in the above point.
- One Gumtree ad posted is equivalent to one entry, every ad posted must be unique. Entries whereby an ad is posted, removed, and re-reposted will not be accepted. Nor will duplicate ads, identical ads posted from different profiles/accounts, or any ads that have been renamed.
- Entries may be subject to verification.
- The selection process will take place every Friday at 12pm.
- The winner will be announced on Gumtree’s social media pages after which point direct contact will be made with them.
- The winning participant will have 24 hours to respond before a new winner is selected.
- The prize money will be sent to the winner via EFT from First National Bank. This can take up to 72 hours to reflect.
- Proof of South African citizenship and age may need to be presented by way of either a valid South African identity document or a valid driver’s license. The winner may be requested to provide this proof electronically via email.
- Should the winner not be contactable within 2 working days of the first contact, the prize will be transferred to the runner up.
- The prize is not transferable.
- All participants indemnify Gumtree, its associated companies (directors, officers, and employees) and agents, against any/all claims for any loss or damages, whether direct, indirect, consequential, or otherwise, arising from any cause whatsoever connected to or arising from their participation in any way in this competition.
- By entering this competition, participants authorize Gumtree to collect, store, and use (not share) personal information of participants for communication or statistical purposes. Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication.
- The winner or participants may be requested to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. The winner or participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. The winner or participants who take part in any publicity will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Gumtree. However, the winner has the right to decline an invitation to participate in any promotional activity or to object to these images being used by written notification to the Promoter at 1st Floor Regus, Colosseum Building, specifying: Attention: Legal Department.
- If Gumtree is required by any legislation, the Minister of Trade and Industry, or the National Lotteries to alter any aspect of the competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, Gumtree will have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event, all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against Gumtree and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against Gumtree, its agents, contractors, and/or sponsors.
- Participants of this promotion are providing information to Gumtree South Africa.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
- All entrants in this promotional competition release Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this Competition and the Rules thereto.
- Neither Gumtree nor its agents or distributors will have any liability in relation to this promotion.
- These terms and conditions may be amended by notification at any time during the competition and will be interpreted by Gumtree only.
- These terms and conditions will be made available on the Gumtree blog.