We’re all spending a lot more time at home (more than we’d like, right?). One of the silver linings with this, though, is that it is the perfect excuse to spend more quality time with the loved ones we share our household with. What better time than now to create a home theatre system to allow you and your family to enjoy the ultimate home movie nights?
Here are a few things to consider when choosing which products to purchase for your new home theatre.
Your two main options here are either a projector, or a large flat screen TV. Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of each.
- The size of your room will have to be on the larger side.
- Consider the amount of time you will use it as projectors need pricy lamp replacements after a set amount of usage time.
- Projectors will deliver the closest thing to an actual theatre experience, and can make your screen much larger than any TV on the market today.
- You will need a very dark room as projectors do not project as much light as a TV.
- You will need to purchase a dedicated screen to project the film onto, which is an added cost.
- Large Flat Screen TV
- A flat screen TV is much easier to install and is far more durable than a projector.
- TVs have a much brighter picture than what is produced by a projector, so you do not need your room to be as dark.
- The easiest route here is to purchase a surround sound system that is ready to use, rather than purchasing multiple different elements and attempting to piece them together.
- Look for systems that include a home audio receiver, a subwoofer, and satellite speakers.
- Keep an eye out for systems that support 4K video passthrough via HDMI. Most modern audio receivers should include this feature, and will make a noticeable difference, especially if you have opted for a 4K TV or a projector.