Camping takes a lot of preparation with all of the tents, sleeping bags, and food (to name a few) you have to bring with you. Camping with little ones in tow becomes an even bigger deal. But don’t let that deter you from this amazing outdoor, low cost, family holiday option.
With these tips, you’ll be on your way to a stress-free camping trip with kids:
- Pick a location as close to home as possible so that they do not have to spend too much time in the car, and to give yourselves time to get used to the area before it is bedtime.
- Start the day early to allow for ample time to set up camp.
- Find a campsite that offers real bathrooms rather than outhouses, especially if you have very small children.
- Find a campsite with a grocery store and pharmacy somewhat nearby, within driving distance, just in case.
- Don’t forget to pack a good first aid kit filled with all the essentials.
- Do some research to ensure the campsite has plenty of kid-free activities nearby like playgrounds, beaches, biking trails and more.
- Bring everything you’ll need for these activities, like bikes, swimming costumes, hiking and running shoes, backpacks, and an infant carrier, if you have a small child.