Remote working, online classes, video conferencing – these seem to be the new normal in our world today. However, preparation is key while attending these to ensure everything goes smoothly to appear more professional and efficient. Thus, investing in the right equipment is key to better virtual processes that can also help boost productivity.
Gumtree gives you the following tips on the right equipment and environment to make your work-from-home life more seamless:
- Find a quiet, bright space to host your virtual meetings away from the noise of televisions or children.
- The primary investment you must make is in the right laptop and related hardware. Avoid working with older desktops or laptops as they may be glitchy or jerky, affecting the quality of your virtual meetings.
- Find the fastest internet connection in your budget as this will ensure excellent video and audio streaming capabilities in your meetings.
- In most cases, laptop cameras and microphones are subpar, at best. We recommend investing in a standalone HD webcam equipped with a stereo microphone (noise cancellation included please!).
- You do not always have to use your laptop for these virtual meetings. Instead, buy a sturdy phone tripod, freeing up your laptop to take notes, open presentations, and edit spreadsheets simultaneously.
- There are also a host of online meeting software to choose from including Zoom, Microsoft Teams, GoToMeeting, Webex, ClickMeeting and much more. Look for basic features when choosing the right software for you such as: file sharing, screen sharing, chatting, integration with other programs etc.
- Finally, the accessories that you require for your virtual meeting including the right office desk, a high-quality keyboard and mouse, an ergonomic office chair and meeting headset.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local electronic equipment close to home.