The 2019 Festival of Motoring is around the corner and you could stand a chance to win a set of four tickets to this year’s event at the Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Midrand, Gauteng. We’ve hidden a post in our Cars & Bakkies category and all you need to do to enter the draw is; find this post and share it on your Facebook or Twitter page with #GumtreeFoM2019 AND #FOM2019.
Please note that this event takes place in Midrand, Gauteng from 22 August 2019 until 25 August 2019. Winners are expected to be available on 24 August 2019 or 25 August 2019 and travel costs to and from the venue are not included in the prize.
Competition Rules, Terms and Conditions.
Competition Rules to stand a chance to win a set of four tickets to the 2019 Festival of Motoring.
Welcome to the “Gumtree Festival of Motoring 2019 Ticket Giveaway” competition (the “competition”) conducted by Gumtree South Africa (“Promoter”). These rules are the official rules of the competition (“rules”). These rules (together with any official competition communications) will govern and apply to the competition. Please take a moment to review these rules. By your participation, you agree that these rules will govern all aspects of your relationship with the competition and competition-related agents, and the Promoter. These rules can only be modified (or superseded) by Promoter (in its reasonable discretion) in a written revision to these rules posted on the Promoter’s website or (at Promoter’s sole discretion) any other potential official competition communication methods reasonably calculated to reach a majority of potential participants.
1. The competition is conducted by the Promoter.
2. No person who is a director, employee, sponsor, agent of, consultant to or partner to Promoter or who is a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner, or associate to a director, employee or agent of or consultant to Promoter is eligible to participate or enter this competition.
3. This competition is only open to legal residents of the Republic of South Africa.
1. The competition runs from 08 August 2019 to 18 August 2019 (midnight). No late entries will be accepted.
2. To enter the competition participants need visit www.gumtree.co.za and find a Festival of Motoring 2019 post in the Cars & Bakkies category. Participants then need to share this post to their Facebook or Twitter profiles using #GumtreeFoM2019 AND #FOM2019.
3. A person may enter as many times as they like.
4. The winner will be randomly chosen via a certified method of selection.
5. No responsibility will be accepted for entries lost, delayed or damaged in transmission.
6. Entries reflected on Promoter’s records will be treated as the only validation source and will be the only evidence of successful entries.
Entries must be received by Promoter no later than midnight of 18 August 2019.
1. The prizes will consist of one set of four tickets to either Saturday 24th of August or Sunday 25th August 2019 for the Festival of Motoring at Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit in Midrand, Gauteng.
2. The promoter is giving away a total of 16 tickets for Saturday 24th of August and 40 tickets for Sunday 25th of August.
3. Winners are expected to be available on the 24th August 2019 or the 25th of August 2019.
4. The tickets will be delivered to the winners addresses as specified upon contact within 5 days after the draw has taken place.
5. The prize is not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
6. In the event of the Promoter not being able to contact the finalists the Promoter reserves the right to draw again.
7. Promoter reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if the original prize is unavailable.
8. Promoter is not responsible for any damaged prize items after signature of receipt.
9. The prize may be subject to additional terms and conditions that the prize winner must comply with.
10. Any costs or expenses which you may incur other than in respect of those items specifically included in a prize (such as travel to and from the venue) are for your own account. Gumtree South Africa will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your partner (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your participation in the promotional competition and your acceptance and/or use of a prize. Gumtree South Africa will specify, in the rules, the nature of the prizes, and any cost to be borne by the participants of any specific promotional offer.
Prize winner selection:
1. Winners will be randomly selected from the database of entries
2. The winners will be announced on the Gumtree SA social pages on 19 August 2019, after which point direct contact will be made with the winner.
3. Should the prize winner not be contactable within 2 days of first contact, the prize will be transferred to the next randomly selected winner.
4. Prize winners may be requested to participate in publicity connected to this competition. The prize winners grant permission for the use of their names and photographs in any advertising and promotional material for this competition.
6. Participants and winner(s) absolve the Promoter, its affiliates, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers, nominated agents and dealers from liability from any and all claims howsoever arising, including from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omissions on the part of any such person.
7. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or cancel the competition at its discretion, without recourse.
1. The participant unconditionally and irrevocably indemnifies and holds harmless Promoter and its successors, employees, officers, suppliers, contractors, agents, consultants, directors and shareholders against all and any losses, claims, proceedings, actions, damages, (direct, consequential or otherwise), liability, demands, expenses, legal costs (on an attorney and own client basis), medical costs or other costs howsoever arising out of, based upon, or in connection with (directly or indirectly) the participants participation in the competition, to the maximum extent permitted by law.
2. If a participant contravenes these rules, the participant may, in Promoter’s discretion, be disqualified from the competition.
3. The judge’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
4. Income taxes relating to the prizes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winners.
5. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this competition.
6. Promoter reserves the right to cancel or alter any aspect of the competition at any time at its sole discretion without liability.
7. Participants in the competition understand and agree that in order to offer the competition; Promoter must collect and use personal information about participants. This competition is conducted under the terms of applicable privacy statements.
8. If the Promoters are required by any legislation, the Minister of Trade and Industry, or the National Lotteries to alter any aspect of the competition or to terminate the competition as a result of changes in legislation, the Promoters will have the right to terminate this competition with immediate effect and without notice of such termination. In such event all participants hereby waive any rights which they may have against the Promoters and acknowledge that they will have no recourse or claim of any nature whatsoever against the Promoters, its agents, contractors and/or sponsors.
9.This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Twitter.
10. All entrants in this promotional competition release Facebook and Twitter from all liabilities and claims arising out of or in connection with this Competition and the Rules thereto.
11. Neither Promoter nor its agents or distributors will have any liability in relation to this promotion.
These terms and conditions are subject to change according to the promoter’s discretion.