We’re not sure about you, but having somewhat of a strange life for the past year during the global pandemic has made motivation to pull together a nice outfit decrease substantially. Sometimes it simply feels like far too much effort, doesn’t it? Why bother, right? Well, truth be told, pulling ourselves together can do amazing things for our mental health. One could even say: if you look good, you feel good.
Here are 15 easy ways to pull together an outfit that looks anything but lazy, when really that is how you feel!
- Give a plain white t-shirt and jeans a boost with a denim jacket and square-toe ankle boots or sandals.
- Pair a flowy, flirty top with a pair of boyfriend jeans.
- Add a floral print skirt to a simple ribbed tank and white takkies.
- Throw a lightweight jersey over a lace bralette paired with jeans.
- Pair denim shorts with a tight, feminine tank and a loose-fitting button up (with the buttons undone, of course).
- Tuck the front or one side of your t-shirt into high-waist denim shorts.
- When in doubt, choose a monochromatic outfit.
- Pair a collard button-down shirt with a black mini.
- For a chic weekend look, pair a high-waist denim midi skirt with a statement tee.
- Bermuda shorts with an oversized blazer will feel effortlessly chic, too.
- A white tee with shoulder pads looks slightly more elevated than a regular one, so that paired with trousers and heels are bound to make you feel your best.
- Relaxed, boyfriend jeans paired with well…just about anything!
- Dress up a graphic tee with an oversized blazer or denim jacket.