Chances are you have had a ton of products from gels to liners to fill in your eyebrows. But there is one procedure that has certainly taken social media by storm – microblading! A form of semi-permanent tattooing of the brows, microblading is a hassle-free solution that makes your morning makeup routine much easier. So, what does microblading entail?
Gumtree explains everything you need to know about the microblading procedure:
- Microblading is a precise process that involves manual drawing/tattooing of delicate hair on the epidermis layer of the skin.
- The tool resembles a pen and consists of little needles at its end.
- The process does not penetrate the skin but creates tiny scratches, almost like paper cuts.
- The human body is able to metabolise the pigment used in the microblading, making it a semi-permanent solution that fades away eventually.
- The dye or microblading ink is less concentrated, providing for a more natural look resembling actual hair strokes.
- It is recommended to visit a reputed beautician who is able to create fuller brows through microblading on any skin tone and in any shade.
- Brows created through microblading can last anywhere between one to three years.
- Brows drawn onto oiler skin types may tend to fade faster.
- It is also recommended by beauty experts to visit the beautician for a touch-up four weeks after the procedure.
- Now to the not-so-fun bit – the price! Microblading is not cheap. In South Africa, the average price for a microblading session can range from R1600 to R2500. Touch-ups, one the other hand, can cost R1000 and above too.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local fashion information close to home.