Tickets are now on sale for what is widely regarded as South Africa’s premier motoring and motorsport lifestyle event – the Knysna Simola Hillclimb, which takes place from May 6 to 8, 2022.
Aside from the plethora of fast cars competing for the title, spectators are now permitted at the event but strictly limited to 3 300 – in accordance with the government’s COVID-19 regulations. Furthermore, the 2020 ticket holders who did not request a refund will have their tickets honored this year – which is really cool.
On-track competition will once again be focused on Andre Bezuidenhout, who currently holds the overall record in his Gould GR55 and single-seater and sports cars classes with a blistering time of 34.965 seconds. You can put money on the fact that there will be no shortage of high-performance cars all fighting for the ultimate bragging rights.
Attendees can rub shoulders and get up close and personal with popular names in the sport, such as Franco Scribante and Pieter Zeelie, depending on the package they choose.
Just like the Kyalami 9 Hour and Festival of Motoring, it is a local bucket list event for the avid petrolhead.
Ticket allocation and pricing is as follows:
- General entry tickets cost R150 per day (or R160 at the gate) for Friday, Saturday or Sunday, while a three-day pass will set you back R380 when purchased online, or R420 at the gate.
- Pit Access tickets cost R200 per day or R550 for a three-day pass when purchased online. If purchased at the gate, the tickets are R210 and R580 respectively.
- There’s also the option of securing seats in the Turn 2 Grandstand at R230 per day or R600 for the entire event when adding this option online. Gate prices are R260 per day or R680 for the three-day pass.
- Friday VIP tickets cost R2 500 per person, with Saturday or Sunday at R3 000 each. A two-day VIP package is also available for King of the Hill on Saturday and Sunday, at R5 500.
- Spectators joining the action from Classic Car Friday to the grand finale of the King of the Hill Top 10 Shootout on Sunday afternoon can select the all-inclusive three-day VIP pass at R7 500 per person. Tickets for children under the age of 12 cost R700 per day.
For those unable to make it, the event will be livestreamed on the Simola Hillclimb website and Facebook page. Additionally, SABC Sport will provide live coverage. You just cannot miss it!
Click here to book your tickets and get more information about the event.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local service information close to home.