Once you find that perfect pair of jeans that you simply cannot live without, how long you can keep them will depend heavily on the way you take care of them.
Here is our ultimate guide on taking the best care of your denim:
- Wash them less. A good rule of thumb is to only wash your jeans after 10 wears to maintain the right fit.
- Spot clean. If you spot a stain before it is time to wash them, take a damp cloth or tooth brush with a mild clothing soap to wash it clean.
- Wash them on a cold cycle. When it is time to put them in the wash, it is crucial that you do not wash them in hot water. Cold water will help keep the colour, and will prevent them from shrinking.
- Avoid the dryer. Using a dryer not only uses a lot of energy and electricity, it also breaks down the denim each time you use it. Rather, hang them on the line to dry.
- Avoid the sun. When drying on the line, turn your jeans inside out and hang them in the shade. This will reduce fading, as well as wet, soggy pockets.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find the perfect pair of jeans close to home.