The demand for food delivery and takeaways has exploded since the advent of the COVID-19 pandemic. With people stuck at home and unable to visit their favourite restaurants, the next best thing is to get the food delivered to them.
Gumtree outlines some of the most popular and innovative food delivery services in South Africa currently:
- Order In: Founded in 2013, Order In was one of the first food delivery websites in South Africa. However, it only gained popularity since the pandemic began. The USP of the service is that it does not add hidden fees to menu items. It also has an excellent user-friendly website, enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Uber Eats: Easily one of the most successful food delivery services in South Africa and beyond, Uber Eats has an array of offerings to choose from. It is available in most countries in the world, making it the preferred choice for travellers too.
- Mr D Food: Which South African does not remember the little chef in a yellow, black, and white logo? However, this OG service, Mr D Food has now undergone a makeover with a fantastic app, user-friendly ordering service that is available in 53 locations in the country.
- Oishi: This Cape Town-based food delivery service offers well-packaged and aesthetically pleasing sushi to homes and commercial enterprises. They believe that home delivered food must not be sloppy and have the restaurant feel that their patrons love.
- Daily Dish: This service is known to have revolutionised home cooking across South Africa. It is perfect for those working and do not have the time to buy ingredients and cook every night. This service delivers ingredients as well as recipes for the whole work week to your doorstep.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local job information close to home.