With summer truly on its way in South Africa, it’s time to dig out your favourite sunglasses for those hot summer days. However, if you are looking to buy a new pair this season, why not look at Gumtree for a wide variety to choose from?
Gumtree also offers the following tips and tricks to choose the right sunglasses just for you:
- Always ensure your sunglasses block 100% of the UV rays for the best protection for your eyes.
- Consider buying sunglasses that are oversized or in a wrap-around style for all round protection from UV rays.
- Dark lenses and sunglasses do not mean they offer excellent protection. They may look good but always check the UV rays they are able to block.
- Polarised sunglasses are not protective. They simply reduce the glare off other reflective surfaces, thereby enhancing activities near the water or driving.
- Do not get fooled by the price. Expensive sunglasses do not necessarily mean they are better and more protective. A cheaper pair with 100% UV ray blockage should be the way to go.
Gumtree also offers the following tips to maintain your sunglasses, so they last much longer:
- Do not wipe your sunglasses while they are dry. Instead rinse them with water or use a cleaning solution.
- Store them safely in an enclosed pouch/case so they do not gather dust or get damaged.
- During summer months, do not leave your sunglasses in areas with excessive sunlight such as a hot car. This can make the frames warp.
- Always wear and take off your sunglasses using both your hands to maintain the balance between the two sides.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local fashion information close to home.