Buying a property is a big financial decision. However, choosing its location is key in determining its value. Whether you are looking at rural or urban locations, there are several factors to consider before diving in. Gumtree outlines the benefits of rural and urban living before you make the commitment:
- Generally, the cost of living in rural areas is lower than that of urban or suburban locations. However, it is important to remember that this may also vary across various areas in the rural location.
- Compared to bustling urban locales, property and housing is more affordable in rural areas as more land is easily available.
- Rural homes and properties are more spacious than urban ones. There is so much more potential to buy more land, raise animals, farm and build structures.
- Unlike urban spaces, rural living is closer to nature and greenery. An environment such as this can do wonders for your mental and physical well-being.
- Urban populations are much higher than rural areas, giving umpteen opportunities for making friends and building connections. You are also exposed to several cultures and perspectives that can round you as a person.
- Cities are often amazing cultural hubs with fairs, activities and events – something to everyone to enjoy and choose from!
- Transportation systems in cities and urban locations are well-developed and accessible unlike rural areas where you may need your own transportation to get from point A to point B.
- The job opportunities in urban locations are much more and better paying than those in rural areas.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local property information close to home.