Without a reliable vehicle, none of the road trip benefits, like seeing new places and meeting new people, would be possible. To get the most out of your family vehicle, you will want to do a thorough check that everything is up to scratch, before and after the trip. Here is an easy check list to help!
Before You Leave
- Check your oil to ensure it is clean and topped up. If it isn’t, now is a good time to do an oil change. You may want to consider changing your oil filter as well.
- Check all fluids in your car to ensure they are topped up and that the quality is still good. If not, top them up or change them altogether.
- Check your tyre pressure and top up if not properly inflated.
- Check your air filters and clean or change if dirty or not functioning properly.
- Test all electrical elements are working.
- Check that your car’s battery is not due for a replacement.
- Bring along charging cables, a car jack, a spare tyre, and all the tools necessary to change a tyre.
Once You Get Back
- Clean your car inside and out; you were bound to make some extra sticky messes along the way, especially if children were involved!
- If anything went wrong during your trip, you most likely did some quick patch work. Now that you are back, it is time to get a professional to take a look to ensure these things do not happen again in the future.