Leather jackets, bags, and other accessories are timeless, but only if you take care of them correctly. Well taken care of leather goods can last a lifetime making them well worth the monetary output.
Make your leather last by keeping it in tip-top shape with these simple care tips.
- Whether you are purchasing your leather brand new from a store or second-hand off Gumtree, we would recommend picking up some leather cleaner. Just like cleaning your car, having products that are made specifically for leather will help preserve the quality.
- If your leather is stained, fill a spray bottle with water and either a gentle body wash, face wash, or detergent. Spray it onto a soft microfiber cloth and rub the stain very gently. It is important to keep leather dry, so don’t get the cloth too wet before wiping, and be sure to pat off any lingering moisture one you are finished.
- For general upkeep, try using alcohol-free baby wipes and wiping the entire surface once a week.
- Store leather items in a dust bag or in a dark, dry environment.
- When storing a leather bag, stuff the inside with an old shirt or socks to keep the shape. Be sure to hang all leather bags for storage, too.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find leather items close to home.