Picture this – you need your headphones to attend the Teams meeting due in 5 minutes. You frantically dig through your bag and when you find them, they are a tangled mess! We have all gone through this frustrating ordeal every now and then. Our technology driven world is inundated with printers, USBs, laptops, keyboards, all resulting in a rat’s nest of tangled wires. However, sound cable management can help by improving aesthetics and keeping your work and personal spaces more organised.
Gumtree outlines the following tips to manage your cables and wires:
- Use binder clips to bunch together your cables and wires into proper sections and batches. You can then clip them either to store away or attach them to your desk for easy access.
- Use spiral notebook rings to organise stray cables and wires by threading them through each of the rings, keeping them separate. Glue the spiral ring onto a piece of wood or foam to place it behind your desk.
- Hide unsightly wires and cables using a foam pipe insulation available at any home improvement store or Gumtree.
- For a more DIY approach, use empty toilet paper rolls to store all your wires behind the TV. Paint them to add a pop of colour to the space too.
- For a simpler method, use hair ties or zip ties to tidy up your wires for a cleaner, more organised look. Proper cable management does not have to be expensive or fancy.
- Once untangled, wrap each of your individual wire bundles in unused copper wire. Twist the ends to keep the whole bundle tidy and intact.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local electronic information close to home.