When on the hunt for a new vehicle, knowing what size vehicle will best suit your needs is a great place to start. However, even then, the choices are endless.
Need a large-capacity vehicle? Here are a few pros & cons on buying one of the most popular large-capacity models, an SUV.
- SUVs and crossovers offer ample passenger space and leg room, as well as head space and storage capabilities.
- All thanks to their larger (but not excessively large) build, SUVs tend to be quite easy to climb in and out of.
- Because you will be sitting higher up, driving an SUV offers a better view of your surroundings from the driver’s seat. Improved road vision results in more effective driving.
- They offer great towing and off-road driving capabilities.
- Due to increasing popularity, SUVs tend to be an easy sell in the second-hand market.
- While SUVs and crossovers today are known to have great fuel consumption, they tend to be quite inefficient when compared to compact vehicles due to their heavy bodies and greater drag.
- A higher centre of gravity results in SUVs being top-heavy and thus less stable on the road when compared to compact vehicles.