South Africa is home to some of the hottest weather conditions in the world. And so, it is no wonder air conditioner sales have been sky rocketing over the last few years. If you are looking to invest in an air conditioner this summer, why not browse through Gumtree?
We also have a few factors you can look at before you invest:
- The first thing to consider is if your home can support an air conditioner. Does it have a large enough window frame? Is there continuous water or electricity to handle the entire system?
- Next, it is essential to do your due diligence by reading multiple reviews on the models that you have zeroed down on. It is important to also fix a budget and analyse the increase in your electricity bill to ensure you have no nasty surprises in the future.
- As there are several styles and brands of air conditioners to choose from, begin by measuring the space you want to cool. You could either buy a large central unit or a portable one for ease of transport.
- Consider the additional features you want in the air conditioner. For example, common features of air conditioners today are touch panels, timers and remote controls, all of which make it much easier to use.
- Even though air conditioners are considered relatively quiet, none of them can be 100% noiseless. Test out the air conditioner in the shop to determine the noise levels before you take it home.
- Once you have selected the air conditioner that is right for you and your home, Gumtree recommends hiring a professional for the installation process. Avoid doing it yourself (unless you are trained) to avoid damages or personal injury.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local electronics information close to home.