When it comes to making a first impression when selling your home, the way your home’s exterior looks is arguably the most important. Here are 15 simple ways to attract buyers to your home with a huge boost in curb appeal from inexpensive touch-ups to expensive, larger projects.
- Painting your front door a bright complimentary colour.
- Creating a unique frame around your front door.
- Installing a whole new door.
- Build a front porch.
- Remove all high maintenance plants and trees and replace with beautiful, eye-catching plants that look neat and require less human attention to thrive.
- Add or re-do a flower bed with low maintenance flowers.
- Fertilize the grass to get it into the best, most green condition possible, while also addressing and pulling out any weeds.
- Repave your driveway to remove any cracks or discoloration.
- Update the exterior finish of your home, or give it a new coat of paint.
- Replace or paint your garage door.
- Update the house numbers on the outside of your gate or wall.
- Paint your exterior wall and gate.
- Add some unique outdoor lighting and potted plants.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you need to boost curb appeal close to home.