The business world suffered a large blow when the COVID-19 pandemic hit. The lucky ones, however, were able to find innovative solutions to keep things running. One of the most common ways was by ensuring all, or the most vital, staff members were equipped to work from home.
If you’re new to the working from home game, here are a few handy gadgets to grab to make the most effective at-home office:
- A laptop stand: Unless you are a video editor or graphic designer, you’re likely using the more flexible option: a laptop. While your laptop can of course sit on your lap or a table top, working from home regularly in this fashion is likely to give you some new aches and pains you’re not used to. Propping your laptop up on a good laptop stand with a separate keyboard and mouse is the best ergonomic option!
- A laptop docking station: Grabbing a docking station will ensure you never run out of ports for plugging in any accessories you may need for an optimal working session.
- An ergonomic keyboard: If typing is something you will do a lot of, and let’s face it, if you’re working from home, it will be, then you may want to consider an ergonomic keyboard. These keyboards will come with added features like padded wrist rests, a curved design, and split features.
- An accurate mouse: Did you know not all computer mice are created equally? Comfort matters here, but the most important thing is an accurate and sensitive sensor. The goal is to find a mouse that will help you get work done much faster than if you had to use the finger pad on your laptop.
- A good set of headphones: If zoom calls are on the horizon, or if needing the quietest environment possible while working from home with kids running around is a requirement, having a good pair of noise-cancelling headphones could meant the difference between a good and bad work day.