With technology constantly changing, it’s a no-brainer for our youth to be learning the robotics basics from an early age. Robotics not only teaches children how to build and work a robot, but also positively changes the way students learn.
Gumtree outlines the benefits of learning robotics:
- Teamwork: At some stage of your life, you have worked with a dream team and produced pretty good work. Children working in groups allows for them to learn to work with others, solve conflicts and have fun together.
- Digital future: Learning robotics from a young age teaches children the basics and once they enter tertiary education, they can grasp the new knowledge quickly.
- Communication: Building a robot in a team requires all members to discuss and work together for the robot to work. This also prepares children for working in teams in the future.
- Your niche: Students can find out what they are good at, what they enjoy doing and start considering if they would like to pursue that career field.
- Creativity: Robotics practical lessons enable students to interact, brainstorm, solve problems and become independent thinkers. It’s also exciting for children and adults to see the design work come to life through the robot.
Adults can also benefit from learning about robotics as there are constant technology changes and new careers arising. Medical fields are now using robots to perform certain intricate operations and drones are being used to fly in dangerous areas.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local electronics information close to home.