With the advent of the pandemic and exorbitant rents across the globe, people are identifying their priorities in terms of how they want to live. Once such way is micro living that finds its roots in America but has been gaining popularity in countries around the world. This core idea of ‘tiny living’ involves living in smaller spaces, especially as people have begun asking themselves what exactly they need in life. Gumtree outlines the benefits of micro living and micro apartments:
- Tiny living can also be equated to tiny expenses. Micro apartments, as well as its furnishing and decoration, do not cost as much as regular apartments and homes, helping you save big bucks in the long run.
- With less space, there is less maintenance. So, you do not have to spend every weekend mowing the lawn or cleaning every room of your home. There is also less space to sweep and mop, giving you oodles of time to play with.
- With big living spaces, you have to fill them up with home accents and décor to make it look charming. However, with micro-living, you have the freedom to choose exactly what you need instead of wasting hundreds of rands on beautification. Think Marie Kondo and her book ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up’!
- With micro-living, you invariably are the sustainable and environmentally friendly sort. Use all the saved time to be one with nature and enjoy the great outdoors. And where better to be living than in South Africa to do so.
- With smaller living spaces such as micro apartments, there are usually more shared spaces in the building/complex. Take this as an opportunity to meet and enjoy the neighbours.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local property information close to home.