Picture this: you walk into a dealership to buy your dream car. But with several options to choose from, how do you decide which one to go for? There are brand new models, second- hand models and even demo models that are used for test drives to attract potential customers.
Gumtree underlines the benefits of purchasing a demo model that makes the most financial sense:
Advantages of purchasing a demo car:
- One of the biggest benefits of investing in a demo car is that you can get a great deal on cars that have been maintained and kept in excellent condition, especially as these are driven by potential customers.
- The mileage on a demo car is much lower than a second-hand vehicle of the same model. These demo cars are solely used for test drives or for employees to run errands.
- As mentioned, demo cars are in perfect working condition as they are used to attract sales for the dealership.
- Dealerships have records of all their demo models including who has driven them and for how many kilometres. Thus, as a potential buyer, you have the option to ask them for the vehicle history if you have any doubts.
- Demo cars spend a lot of time at the dealership and are usually the face of the model or brand. Thus, these are in pristine conditions – both aesthetically and under the boot.
- Dealerships usually use their best cars, with all the bells and whistles, as demo cars. So, if you cannot afford a particular model, chances are you will find the same (with all the same features) at a much lower price if it is a demo car.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local car and bakkie information close to home.