With so many [very well made] replicas on the market, it is important to know the differences between a real and fake Louis Vuitton bag. You may think you have won the jackpot with an impressive price on one, but be wary if the price seems too good to be true. Chances are it is!
Here are the characteristics of both authentic and fake Louis Vuitton bags to help you out.
Authentic Louis Vuitton Bags
- Made of costly materials like leather, boa, crocodile, lamb skin, and camel skin.
- The trim is done in Vachetta leather and tans naturally as the bag ages.
- The monogram placement is the same on every bag, is not crooked, or cut off.
- You will never see a seem on the front of the bag.
- You will never find tags attached to an authentic Louis Vuitton bag; if there is one, it will be gently placed inside the bag.
- Any hardware will be made from quality metal with the LV logo imprinted into it.
- It will come with a soft dust bag made from a soft tan material with the LV logo in the center.
- There will not be any loose threads.
Fake Louis Vuitton Bags
- Made from pleather or vinyl, and may feel rough and stiff.
- Trim is done in a light tan thread or a thread that has been purposely made to look aged.
- The monogram placement will seem off, even slightly.
- There may be tags attached to it.
- Hardware is made from painted gold plastic.
- It may come with extra accessories that authentic versions do not include.
- There may be loose threads in the stitching.
- The ‘O’s in Louis Vuitton are more oval than round.