The comfort and reliability of hiring an airport shuttle service is incredible when compared to having to hire a taxi, call for an Uber, or catch the bus. But how do we ensure we will remain safe when using this mode of transport?
Before you reserve their services, here are a few things to ask any airport shuttle service advertising on Gumtree.
- Do you have a website I can see?
- Can you send me the contact information for some references?
- Can you send me links to credible online reviews?
- What type of vehicle will you be driving?
- What COVID-19 safety measures have you put in place?
- Can you give me the route you will be driving ahead of time to ensure I am happy with the safety of the areas we will be going through?
Once you are comfortable that the business is reputable and safe, here are a few things to keep in mind to ensure your trip is as safe as possible:
- Always meet shuttle services in public, well-lit areas, especially at night.
- Have a plan for if your flight has been delayed so that the shuttle service knows where to wait for you, and for how long.
- Familiarize yourself with the route from the airport to your destination so that you know if things are going off track.
- Use an app like ‘Find Your Friends’ on iOS to ensure family members know where you are at all times. If this is not an option, send friends and family a live pin of your location on WhatsApp before you leave.
- Have emergency contact information on speed dial.
- Always ask for the name of the driver you are meeting, and then ask for ID to ensure you are meeting the right person once you arrive.