While we are lucky enough to live in a country with very mild winters compared to some, many South African cities are still susceptible to very chilly weather. But, not all of us are cold weather people, right? Surely there must be a way to combat the cold without 10 million (okay, a bit of an exaggeration, but you get the point) layers? Luckily, there is.
Here are 8 genius wardrobe hacks to staying both warm and stylish this winter.
- Warm your clothes in the dryer for a few minutes before heading out for instant heat.
- Choose knitted beanies and hats made from more natural fibres, like cashmere or wool rather than synthetic fibres. This can help prevent hat hair for those wanting to keep their heads warm during their commute to work while still looking presentable once you arrive at the office.
- Use a scarf to wrap around both your neck and the bottom half of your face to keep your face warm, too.
- During pandemic times, purchase masks made from soft, thicker materials to help keep your face warm.
- Wear mittens rather than gloves; mittens allow your fingers to touch which helps spread and hold warmth.
- Wear long underwear, leggings, or tights as a second layer underneath your jeans or trousers.
- Line your shoes or boots with wool felt.
- Waterproof your shoes with a protectant spray to help keep your feet from getting cold and wet.