Are you looking to sell your home but know it could use some touch ups? Or maybe you are looking to purchase a fixer upper to save on costs. Whatever your situation, a few easy home renovations can significantly increase the value of your home. With that being said, not all renovations are created equally; some projects will increase the value of your home, while others will simply have you spending money but not seeing any real return.
We’ve put together a list of a few things to focus on to get the most value out of your home renovations:
- The kitchen is arguably one of the most important rooms in the home. It is where meals are prepared and a lot of entertaining happens. It is also a focal point, so ensuring your kitchen is up to scratch will do wonders for the value of your home. A beautiful kitchen will also make a big impact on potential buyers.
- Before you get started on kitchen updates, however, be wary of going too far towards any trends as trends change so quickly. Try to keep it modern yet timeless.
- Start your kitchen renovation by keeping as many elements as you can to save money. You may not have to replace all the cabinets, but simple paint them and update the hardware, for example.
- Investing in energy saving windows will not only increase the value of your home, but will also save you money on heating bills during the winter months. Old, worn out windows can cause heat to leak which then has you using even more of it. This of course costs more money!
- One of the best return on investment projects you could do around the house is a good old fresh lick of paint! A fresh coat of paint in every room will instantly make a positive aesthetic difference and can make a home look new again.
- Consider updating lighting fixtures to more simple, modern pieces. This simple change can make a big impact.
- Upgrading hardware on your front and back doors, kitchen cabinets, and bathroom cabinets is also a very simple task but one that can increase your home’s appearance immediately. This is a relatively inexpensive option, too!
- Curb appeal and back garden conditions are a big one for potential buyers, too. Spending some time and money (it shouldn’t require too much) on landscaping will also significantly increase the value of your home.