Lifting weights is about more than just building muscle mass; there are a myriad of additional health benefits that may have never crossed your mind.
Here is a quick look at 8 positive health benefits to weight lifting:
- Just like your brain needs to be exercised to stay sharp, your bones need to stay challenged, too. Resistance training and lifting weights are great ways to keep your bones strong and healthy.
- Weight lifting, as well as cardio can help stave off diseases like Type 2 diabetes.
- When you perform cardio, your body only loses fat while you exercise. With weight lifting and resistance training, your body continues to burn fat far after the exercise session has ended.
- Weight training helps your body burn through glucose which helps regulate blood sugar levels and lowers inflammation.
- Weight training helps regulate your sleeping cycles, as well as improves the quality of sleep.
- Weight training improves your overall mood.
- Weight training improves overall strength and endurance. As your leg muscles get stronger, for example, the longer you will be able to last during a hike.
- Strength training provides better strength in your legs which results in an improvement in overall balance.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find everything you need for weight training close to home.