Nothing ruins an event quite like terrible tasting food, or simply not having enough food to fill the bellies of your hungry guests. The food at any event is one of the highlights, and there are so many factors in play that work towards making a great culinary experience. Here are 6 key things to consider when hiring a caterer ensuring you find one that understands the style and theme of your event, has great customer service, and can provide incredible tasting food.
- Experience. Be sure the caterer you choose has a history of successful events. Ask for a list of references, as well as photographs of dishes they have created in the past.
- Budget. Make sure you have a full understanding of the costs associated with hiring each particular caterer; what exactly comes with the cost, and are there any hidden fees that may pop up later?
- Quality of Food. Always ask for a taste test before committing! The best judges of quality food are the taste buds.
- Flexibility. A caterer that specializes in a certain type of dish usually means they can create it well, but it may also mean they are inflexible in creating custom dishes you request. Do they have different menu options that take things like budget, dietary concerns, and personal preferences into account? Do they have a large enough team making them flexible with dates?
- Dietary Requirements. A quality, experienced caterer will have options to cater for vegetarians, vegans, those who need to be gluten and dairy free, and more.
- Reliability & Efficiency. Has the caterer been known to not show up on the day of events, or drop the ball in some other way? This is where references will come in handy!