Staying on top of fashion can seem like a large mountain to climb when lives are busy balancing our careers, families, extracurricular activities, and social lives. But it doesn’t have to be as hard as it sounds.
If feeling great in your own skin by experimenting with new styles is your thing, here are five simple ways to stay effortlessly stylish.
- Just like you would plan out your meals for the week, why not plan your outfits for the week? This way you remove the hassle of trying to find something nice to wear during early morning before you’ve had a chance to fuel up with a cuppa. There is nothing worse than standing in front of the closet feeling like you have ‘nothing to wear’ when you have ten minutes until you have to run out the door.
- Instagram is an amazing tool for inspiration. Take a few minutes out of your day to find fashion bloggers with similar style to you and give them a follow. This not only supports a small business, but will also help you feel inspired to recreate some of their outfit ideas.
- If you are ever in doubt, it is always best to overdress than underdress. You would hate to show up to an event you thought was super casual only to be the only one in slip slops. The best way to do this is to layer. If an event is a bit fancier than you expected, pop on your leather jacket and necklace you brought along. If the event is more casual, switch jackets or pop on a pair of jeans to dress down.
- Step out of your comfort zone and be confident in your own skin. It is always so much fun to experiment with new trends. If you act confident in your own skin while wearing these pieces, no one will think twice about whether the pieces is a little out there or not. If you act confident, you will look AND feel confident.
- Always try to wear at least one accessory. A statement necklace or some stackable rings can add that little extra bit of glam to any outfit.
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find these items close to home.