Chances are your prospective customers now exactly what their problems are and don’t need you to tell them. If you run a B2B business, you in particular will benefit greatly from avoiding talk about why you know their problems best, and rather explain to them exactly how you and your offering can help. With the help of the below tips, you and your business will be well on your way to successful solution selling.
- Know your product inside and out. The best and easiest way to sell a solution to your customer’s problems is to know exactly how your product or service can do so. You don’t want to be caught off guard in a meeting when a potential customer asks a question you don’t have an answer to.
- Understand their challenges. While you may have a good idea what their challenges are, you’ll be far better off doing some research to fully understand their challenges even better than they do themselves. This way you can provide the best solutions to aid or combat them.
- Ask questions in order to provide the best and most personalized solution.
- Add value further than your product or service alone can provide. Being able to go above and beyond what competitors are willing to do will give you a competitive edge.
- Think outside the box. Likely your product or service is not a one-size-fits all thing, and neither are the businesses you are offering solutions to. Sometimes thinking outside the box is the best way to come up with the perfect solutions for them.