Bad days on the job are completely normal, and can happen somewhat regularly. But don’t confuse a bad day with a bad job. That being said, however, there comes a point where enough is enough; if you’re having one too many bad days per month, it may be a sign that it is time to move on to something new.
Here are 5 sure-fire ways to know it is time to quit your job:
- You just can’t focus on the tasks at hand. Again, having an off day where you find it difficult to focus is nothing strange. Not being able to focus on a daily basis because you simply don’t feel motivated, challenged, or something similar, may be the sign you have been looking for.
- You find yourself talking about nothing but your job. To add to this, you have nothing nice to say about it, either. If coming up with at least 5 things you like or love about your job is unimaginable, it is time to move on.
- You have hit a head end and there is no more room for advancement within the company you currently work for.
- You frequently complain about your job and find yourself in a constant bad mood, yet still come up with reasons to justify staying. The hours may be perfect for your lifestyle, but is that worth that negativity?
- You’re overqualified. Sometimes we stay at a job simply because of comfort, but if you have outgrown it and qualify for a higher paying job elsewhere, it may be time to see what else is out there.