Whether you use it on a daily basis or only semi-regularly, years of use can wear computers and laptops down if we are not careful. If well taken care of, they’ll happily do their job for a long time!
Just as you would take your car or even yourself for periodic checkups, your computer or laptop require the same care. Here are our tips to help keep them running smoothly for longer:
- Dust your computer or laptop semi-regularly with a soft rag or feather duster to improve airflow and to allow more cool air to cool things down. Don’t forget the fans and metal heatsinks!
- Add fans to your computer if you don’t feel it is getting enough cool air.
- Computers and laptops run their fastest when they are brand new and aren’t bogged down with software, so regularly updating this software will help immensely.
- Reduce the number of active programs; when you aren’t using them, close them completely.
- Go to your control panel and uninstall programs you no longer use. If you haven’t used it in half a year to a year, you probably don’t need it! Doing this will improve speed tremendously.