Wouldn’t it be nice if regular household items could double-up as fashion and beauty items? Well, they can. It may not seem possible at first thought, but read on and discover how things like old women’s tights and buttons can make your life a whole lot easier.
- Refresh old accessories, like hairpins or costume jewellery, using a fresh coat of nail polish you had laying around.
- If you spill red wine on any garments, fully submerge the soiled part in a bowl of whole milk, squeeze out the excess, and then wash the garment as usual.
- Use aloe or oatmeal infused soap to rub on mosquito bites or other itches.
- Change up your dresser drawer hardware by simply taking pretty buttons laying around from old garments, and giving your current dresser pulls and trendy makeover. If you do not have any buttons laying around, give Gumtree a gander to see if anyone is donating or selling DIY supplies.
- Stretch old tights or panty-hose (whatever you prefer to call it!) over a tub or large container and use it to strain out any lumps in a can of old paint. Once done, you’ll be left with an essentially brand-new tin.