If you’re a landlord, you know better than anyone how much admin comes along with the job. Thankfully, there are numerous ways to ease your workload, and quite dramatically at that.
Here are our top five ways technology can give you, a landlord, a helping hand.
- Online collection of monthly rent. Most things are online these days, especially now during a global pandemic, so why not require all of your tenants to pay their rent online, too? Gone should be the days where you have to wait for cheques to clear, or where you have to organize a time to meet a tenant to exchange cash.
- Online rental applications. As with the first point, why have rental applications be in old school paper format? Creating a standard application to send via email will streamline things dramatically.
- Digital Signatures. Along with online rental applications, using software like DocuSign or SmallPDF to acquire signatures from your applicants and tenants will be a lifesaver.
- Property Management Apps or Websites. There are plenty to choose from, but having such an app or profile on a website can make it easier for your tenants to to do things like making claims of repairs needing to be attended to. Your tenant, as well as yourself, will be able to track the progress, see pictures, and be notified when things are completed.
- Contactless Showings. Thanks to Facetime, WhatsApp Video calling, and other video conferencing software, you can now arrange viewings over the phone, rather than in person. This is especially helpful in our efforts to reduce the spread of COVID-19.