Getting your own car is a milestone. But customising it can give you a higher level of satisfaction and excitement. Car owners are usually very possessive of their vehicle and add little bits and bobs to ensure it reflects their personalities as well.
Gumtree outlines the following tips to customise your vehicle without breaking the bank:
- Invest in better brakes: The brakes are the most fundamental components for the smooth running and safety of your car. After heavy use, most brakes lose their effectiveness, making it difficult to slow down or stop. It is useful to consider an upgrade to your brakes, especially if you have modified the car and are into high performance driving.
- Decals: Did you know you could create your own decals on your PC or tablet using a graphic program that supports vector drawing?
- Sound system: Heavy traffic can be so much more bearable if you have the right sound system and your favourite music in tow. Nowadays, most cars have pretty decent sound systems but if you are an audiophile, investing in a higher-end sound system will be key.
- Seats: Changing up and customising your seats can alter your car interiors in an instant. Buy covers off the peg or customise them according to size. Use leather seats and add a heating option for added comfort.
- Steering wheel: Add a pop of colour to your interiors with customised steering wheel covers that provide an aesthetic value and warmth during winters.
- Paint job: This is the easiest way to make your car stand out. It is recommended to pick a colour that is not too loud or flashy but unique.
- Lights: Use LED lights for energy saving, durability, and brightness for your headlights. For a more dramatic effect, add LEDs to the floor to brighten up your interiors.
- Dashboard: Use hydrographic printing to modify and change your dashboard for that WOW factor!
- Headliner: Change the headliner or material of the roof of your car to transform your car. Use starry lights for a romantic feel or go with white leather for that classy addition.
- Fragrance: A perfumed car makes the journey so much more pleasurable. Use fragrances that you and your family love for the best ride ever!
Now that you’ve got the knowledge, it’s time to shop! Head to gumtree.co.za or your Gumtree app (click for Apple & Android) and don’t forget to use your location settings to find local car and bakkie information close to home.