Whether you experience the unfortunate scenario where your phone hits the water where it swims for a little too long, or you simply need an upgrade, sooner or later, we all have to get a new phone. As a part of life, it is important that we do it right, and that means avoiding common mistakes.
- Getting the wrong size. You may think bigger is always better, but this isn’t necessarily the case. Consider what you will mostly be using the phone for, and go from there.
- Not getting enough storage. If you, like most of us, take a lot of photos and find enjoyment in a plethora of apps, not getting enough storage space will have you going crazy.
- Buying at the wrong time. Simple Google research will show you when most large cellphone manufacturers release their new devices. If you plan to purchase second-hand, consider purchasing after these releases as sellers will be looking to get rid of their old phones in order to get the upgraded model.
- Not getting protection. Life happens. Protect your new device with a durable cover and screen protectors.
- Choosing the wrong carrier. Not all carriers are created equally. Some have better service than others in your neighbourhood, and prices vary, too. Shop around to find which will work best for you and your exact needs.